I would like to share you tasty homemade waffle recipe that my daughter made today. It’s a fluffy-crispy waffle cake perfect for morning or evening snack with the family. Actually she got the original recipe somewhere from the internet, but she modified it and gave her own personal tastes that make the outcome even more perfect.
What’s special about the waffle is that it is fluffy and crispy. It’s tight and full but when you bite it, especially at the burnt sides, it gives nice crispy sounds. Without further ado, here’s what it needs to make this delicious waffle!
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp Flour
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Powdered Milk
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp (half of ¼) tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Egg White
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Caramel Topping ( optional )
- Mix all dry ingredients together ( flour, sugar, salt, powdered milk, baking powder, and baking soda ).
- Add egg yolk and water to the dry ingredients. Mix together.
- Add melted butter and cooking oil.
- Add honey and vanilla extract.
- Whisk egg white with mixer until fluffy. Add to the batter until well mixed.
- Pour batter to waffle maker and cook each side for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add caramel topping on cooked waffle top and you’re done!
Tips: My daughter used caramel topping because it seemed to be the best combination with the milk and honey flavors inside the waffle batter. Besides as snack, this tasty waffle recipe is also excellent for warm gifts for your friends or loved ones.